Visitors to the Farm
Intent: Intent of this SOP is to reduce the spread of disease between farms and livestock transmitted by visitors.
To accomplish this:
- All visitors will sign in to the log book at the entrance of the barn,
- All Visitors shall clean hands between handling all livestock either by using the hand sanitizers provided or by washing hands with warm soapy water.
- Any person who has visited a farm immediately prior to ours, will either change footwear or disinfect the footwear worn by spraying the footwear and soles with Virkon (potassium monopersulphate) and water solution.
- Visitors will obey all posted signs and not enter any restricted area without authorization from the staff.
- Isolation areas are off-limits to all pers except staff
- National Farm and Facility Level Biosecurity Standard for the Equine Sector
- Code of Practice for the care and handling of Equines